Wednesday, September 16, 2015

BUILDING THE BRAND

                                            PART ONE :THE IDEA


I usually get these questions a lot, how I got started, what was I thinking? how did I know it will work? who was my first customer? who funded me? and the list of questions can fill a whole post and a half if I choose to write everything. So here is the thing: I had absolutely no answers for all those questions when I started: yes this can go totally wrong or it can be totally right.

I have had a passion for skincare care long before I knew how important it was to take care of my skin. If i had known then what I know now, I guess I would be more intense in taking care of it, I mean so aggressive, but oh well.....it's never too late , right?

Growing up in my teenage years, I used a lot of olive oil on my body, hair for moisturizing purposes, there was no day I would sleep without having my skin drink up a gallon of olive oil. And then it came a moment I was intrigued to switch from Olive oil to Baobab oil (Mafuta ya Ubuyu): for some reason Baobab oil became a superstar overnight in the media here in Tanzania. And so I made the switch.

Few mornings after the switch, I woke up with a burning question: how can I make a natural soap to go with this natural oil? At that time I thought it makes no sense to use toxic soaps then use natural oils after: I wanted an all natural experience, I wanted to transform my whole life, I wanted to make my own stuff and share my creations there after......so then I began researching: definitely I turned to supermarkets and local shops to see if they have what I was looking for, with no luck I turned to Mr. Google.........

Stay Tuned for Part Two: Subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know what's up!!


xoxo!!!